Tuesday 4 December 2012

Jean Paul Gaultier we ♡ You

Is it just me or are we all up for another Jean Paul Gaultier moment?


Someone has just paid £50,000 at Christies for two stage costumes worn by Madonna and designed by Jean Paul Gaultier for her 1990s Blonde Ambition Tour and what with his latest collaborations with La Perla and his Breton dressed diet coke cans I am serious thinking about where I might have stored my hourglass waist camoflage print Junior Gaultier puffa jacket as it may be time for its second coming.
JPG has always played with corsetry construction in his collections dissecting and reconstructing it into wearable pieces throughout the early 1990s in modern nylons, denim and cotton twills. It seems it is still unusual for a male Womenswear Designer to truly understand and offer women support and shape in or under fashion pieces, so if he doesn’t have a fashionable resurgence himself (I guess I keep my fingers crossed for JPG at H&M?) then I hope the next generation look back at his legacy and are inspired by his design philosophy to shape the future.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...