If the early previews of S/S 2013 collections is anything to go by the trend for linear structures in lingerie, bodywear and Womenswear is still going strong
There's a kind of fashion timeline in my head with regards to this dissected fashion and lingerie silhouette
* 18th century: Some corsets were made to emphasise their structure with ribbon and openwork
* Paco Rabanne: placed women in modern guilded cages to embrace the modern
* Jean Paul Gaultier: Pared the corset back to it's bones and insert it into jackets and dresses
* Marlies Dekkers: The first to outline lingerie with linear straps designed to be seen
* Bordelle: Made complete lingerie pieces in straps
* Gareth Pugh: Uses the look of structure fabrics to create a clean, modern, futuristic ideal.
* Fleet Ilya: Took bondage inspiration, designed and refined it in beautiful leathers and wore it over clothes creating a brand new accessory.
* Chromat: Took the corset structure and built it playfully around and away from the body
I've no doubt with the advent of 3D printing structure will be an ongoing design conversation. I'm excited to see the next re-interpretation