Sunday 12 August 2012

Final Day: The beauty of Rhythmic Gymnastics

It's the final day of 2012 Olympics! 
Slightly worried what I am going to fill my evenings with going forward.


Treat yourself to a bit of glamour today in the build up to the Closing Ceremony by checking out the Rhythmic Gymnastics.
There is a special place in my heart for Gymnastics. I trained as a gymnast up until the age of 14. Unfortunately my height started getting in the way and my legs become too long for the Asymmetric Bars! So I can really appreciate the training and commitment that these gymnasts have. 
Rhythmic gymnastics always amazed me as not only do you need the athleticism but also coordinate this with a ball, a ring or a ribbon and exude glamour and grace! 
The leotards for this type of Gymnastics are works of art, some of which can be covered in up to 10,000 crystals, think Strictly Come Dancing with athletes. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...