Friday 12 October 2012

American Apparel: Lingerie

American Apparel have been slowly building their lingerie collection over the last few seasons


They always did cute non wired bras in bandeau and triangle styles but now they have ventured into the complex world of wired bras.
There's something very satisfying about the simplicity of their underwear styles. They signify to me the joy of being confident in a young body where fit and comfort is less of an issue and the brand and shopping experience rules. 
I can't quite work out their underwired bra sizing, it groups two back sizes together 30-32 right up to 42 and the cups seemed to be linked to the back sizes as you have to choose either size 1,2,3,4. So I'm guessing their customer is not looking for a perfect fit.
One thing I have always loved about American Apparel is the use of real looking people(and even really real people i.e. not models!) This has been an integral part of their brand from the beginning but they never seem to be held up as an example about how reality can work in the fashion industry. The model they have used below for their underwear internet shots is gorgeously real.




2 comments:

  1. What's the name of this girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. womens underwear online Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...