Monday 22 October 2012

Tekinoktay: Copenhagen

I've been on a little vacation to visit my family in Copenhagen so have been a bit quiet on twitter and blog but very active on Instagram taking pretty pictures of my nieces!


I haven't visited Copenhagen for about a year and although the Danish economy is suffering like most in Europe there's still plenty happening in this capital. With new metro stations being built all over town, an airport that looks increasingly like the luxury corner of a Westfield shopping centre and the Meatpacking district which is managing to successfully manage a balance between commercial and underground scenes.
Of course I also looked at lingerie while I was there and I headed to see a boutique I have heard about for many years, Tekinoktay.
It opened in Copenhagen about 9 years on a quiet side street moments away from the main shopping area. Housed in a beautiful old shop front much of the original features have been kept and the products and artwork add a beautiful flash of colour creating a welcoming, cozy atmosphere.
The lingerie, accessories, parfums and some select swimwear pieces are hand picked from around the world by the owner Evren Tekinoktay and range from gorgeously fluffy FiFi Chachnil mohair cardigans to rhinestone encrusted Damaris lingerie sets right through to luxurious everyday underwear pieces by Wundervoll.

The best thing is that you have to visit as they don't have a website




TEKINOKTAY

Silkegade 13
1113
Copenhagen K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...